Uniface on GitHub
Product (releases and patches)
Reported Issues (old)
Fixes and Updates
We are migrating from Uniface 967 to Uniface 9705.
In all cron jobs we have, we are getting the following messages:
Unable to locate: UDBTXT*** The application has tried to dynamically perform this 3GL function but could not find it.*** Check if you have an entry for this function in the [USER_3GL] section of your assignment file.
is this something which has to be attended to or it is more of a warning? Please let me know.
I had the same gotfeel: your application is trying to load the TXT driver...
Few other hints:
1) is your .INI file correctly defining all basic paths in the paths section? Like in this example:
2) is your .ASN file [USER_3GL] section including any 3gl component?
Yes, values in usys.ini are correct:
We use 3GL in urouter for security as we do not run urouter as root user and we run it as normal user.
Other than this, we do not have any mention about 3GL any of 5 UST asn we have.
in dbms.asn i added TXT U2.0 (as suggested in some google search pages)
[DRIVER_SETTINGS]SEQ U1.0TXT U2.0
in the asn responsible for job which throws these errors, i added the same value as mentioned above.
Am novice in Uniface, i hope i answered it right.
three more items to be checked:
1) In your previous U9.6.07 installation were you already using TXT driver U2.0 or the old U1.0 driver?
2) I do not see in your INI [paths] section reported USYSBIN and USYSADM.let's try to add those (eventually adapt them to your needs):usysbin=/ford/thishost/u/uniface/9705/common/binusysadm=/ford/thishost/u/uniface/9705/uniface/adm
3) From your answer I suppose your batches are running on a Linux/Unix machine:- Are you sure your batches have a shell environment properly initialized?- If yes, let's try to be sure to have both lowercase and UPPERCASE shell variables definedAs an example:usysbin=/ford/thishost/u/uniface/9705/common/binUSYSBIN=/ford/thishost/u/uniface/9705/common/bin
Please find the answers for your questions in the same order:
1) No, there is no reference to use of TXT in any of asn from 9607 environment.
2) As suggested, i added usysbin and usysadm to ini file and restarted urouter. Now i do not see those errors in the logs, i will monitor all batch jobs for next few days.
3) Yes, we use Uniface only on Linux. yes shell environment is all set right.
OK, nice to see check #2 has probably addressed your issue.
One last consideration: if your application did NOT use TXT driver before, I suppose you've added its support into your ASN configuration because of some new functionality requiring it. Right?
Yes that solved the original issue. (thank you for that)
I copied over the asn files from 967 to 975 and made changes as needed.
There is no new requirement that needed the functionality for TXT.
I was of the assumption that something has changed in 975 which is prompting for config changes.
I'd say you have a line or two in your ASN file :
I presume that your application is using the text (TXT) file driver.
The correct syntax would something like :
the number at the back refers to the version of the driver....
The file will be found in the .\common\bin folder - UTXT10.dll or UTXT20.dll
Thank you for replying.
these are the 2 lib files in the directory for TXT:
In dbms.asn. these lines exists as you have mentioned.
There are no reference in the asn responsible for the batch job mentioned.
© 2020 Uniface Privacy & Cookies | Privacy Statement | Legal